Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 2 already?!

I can't believe it's the second week of the challenge already! Time sure flies, and all that jazz.

I read Susan Meissner's A Seahorse in the Thames this week; it's from my 2007 TBR Challenge list. It is a very good book. She writes excellent, above-the-norm Christian fiction.

The same can be said for my next read, a Summer Challenge book, Wishing on Dandelions by Mary E. DeMuth. Definitely excellent fiction, Christian or not. It's reminiscent of Sue Monk Kidd's The Secret Life of Bees, without being the same as that book. The same Southern flavor, a coming-of-age sort of novel, but with much more redemption and forgiveness. It's an excellent book.

I finished A Wrinkle in Time with my kids, too. That's from my Newbery Challenge list.

I also read a chick lit that was not even good enough to mention. Some are, this one wasn't.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home