Week 4 The Book Thief
3. Broken for You, by Stephanie Kallos
4. The raw shark texts, by Steven Hall
5. Memories of Philippine kitchens : stories and recipes from far and near, by Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan ; photographs by Neal Oshima
6. Urban shaman, by C.E. Murphy
7. War for the Oaks, by Emma Bull
8. The Verneys : a true story of love, war, and madness in seventeenth-century England , by Adrian Tinniswood
I'm starting War for the Oaks next because I haven't read it yet and I've intended to for years. I'll say at the beginning that the magic-music connection makes me think of Magic or Madness by Justine Larbalestier (which, of course, was written years after War for the Oaks.