Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Friday, June 29, 2007

Week 4

I did finish Water for Elephants in 5 days time! It was phenominal, you can see my review at my blog Shannon's Book Addiction. Then I started Entering Normal By Anne D. LeClaire. It was alright. It kept me intrigued, but I got frustrated with some of the characters. Some of their attitudes towards different events just seemed so fake. That was the only thing I really didn't like about it. Other than that, it was a good storyline, and it read quickly, I finished it in 4 days. And now I am reading Drowning Ruth. It is an Oprah's Book Club selection. So far....it is alright. As of now I would rate it at a B-...but then again I'm only about 30 pages into it. It seems like one of those books that you read it once you sorta get it, but it takes two tries to really "get" it. There are shifts between the here and now and the past and some of them aren't too clear. Also it shifts between different character's accounts of the overall story, and if you aren't careful and miss a character shift then you get lost. But then again, like I said I am only 30 pages in and I started it sorta late at night, right after I'd finished Entering Normal. So right now I'm probably not grading it fairly, I need to give it more of a chance. So, I have two more books finished for this past week and am into the next. I hope to get some good chunks of reading time in this weekend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home