Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Let Me Introduce Myself

I'm Phoebe and I love to read (and knit too...my blog revolves around knitting). I'm been keeping a reading journal for 8 years and over the last 2 years I've set a goal of reading 60 books a year. Came close last year with 59 but definitely wanted to achieve and/or surpass this year. My friend Jill also loves to read and enlightened me about all of the reading challenges on line so I signed up for Summer of Reading, which also led me to try my hand at the 48-hour Reading Challenge 2 weekends ago. I put a good dent in my original summer reading list, I read 6 books in 22 hours hours at almost 1650 pages. Books that are completed are bolded and so I'll be adding more to the list. My goal for Summer Reading was to not only get the pile of books stacked to the ceiling off my nightstand but also read the 4 books that I need to for the women's reading group that I belong to.

1. The Life I Longed For by Maribeth Fischer
2. Peony in Love (Advanced Copy) by Lisa See (about 60 pages from the end)
3. The World to Come by Dora Horn
4. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (reading group)
5. The Keep by Jennifer Egen (reading group)
6. Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern
7. On Beauty by Zadie Smith (just started)
8. Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
9. Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella
10. The Birth of Venus by Sara Durant
11. In the Company of the Courtesan by Sara Durant
12. The Diary of Anne Frank (reading group)
13. The Boy Who Love Anne Frank (reading group)by Ellen Feldman
14. And last but not least, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by JK Rowling

I also read Hatchet by Gary Paulsen...very good YA book that is one of the books my son has to read for the summer.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to say hello!

4 Comments:

At June 20, 2007 at 3:13 AM , Blogger Jill said...

Welcome to the world of challenges, my dear friend! Glad to find you here! =) Jill

 
At June 20, 2007 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Lila Rostenberg said...

I remember The Hatchet, a wonderful book!( Just dropping over from Peacock blue's blog)
In general, I find very good reads in the novels for older children...especially the Newberry award winners!

 
At June 20, 2007 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I have read and greatly enjoyed #4, #10, #11 and #12 on your list. I have #8 and #13 in my stack of books to read. And of course, I will be reading #14, Harry Potter's last!

 
At June 21, 2007 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

You have some great books on your list, Phoebe. I highly recommend The Thirteenth Tale (a true page turner). A sucker for anything related to the Renaissance, I also like your two picks by Sarah Dunant, especially In the Company of the Courtesan.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home