Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 2 Progress

I got a little behind this week. I had expected to finish The Book Thief, but I'm only about 2/3 done. Not that it's a difficult, complicated read: it's not. I've had other things demanding my attention the past week, and an allergy attack (itchy eyes, nose running like a living creek, TMI, I know) that turned into a chest cold.

In any case, what I've read so far is very good. What's more, in terms of verisimilitude (and how real can it be to have Death narrating to the reader? I know), the illustrations/copies of the pages of The Stand Over Man that Max gave to Lisle was very moving.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 21, 2007 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Looking forward to your review of The Book Thief. That one's on my list, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home