Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Week 2 Progress

I finally finished a book- only took two weeks. The rest of you put me to shame reading many, many books.
Anyway, Pride and Prejudice was brilliant and caused me to fall head over heels for Jane Austen's poignant prose. She truly is a magnificent author. All of the characters come alive and I, of course, felt a certain kinship to Miss Eliza Bennett. Mr. Darcy is wonderful, too.
I've seen the A&E movie many times and finally read the book and it's infinitely better, of course. Though the movie will forever remain one of my favorites.
Now that I've finished one Jane Austen book, I've decided to read along w/ my Knit the Classics group which is reading Mansfield Park. Off to the used book store this afternoon!
Happy Father's Day to all!
allie

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home