Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pheelya - Week 1 & 2 catch-up

I'm a little behind on posts due to join a little late, but I have two books finished from my list.

The first is The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl. I picked up this book because I really liked his first book The Dante Club and because I love Poe. I wasn't as impressed with this book as I was his first. The book is based on my mysteries surrounding Poe's death. The setting of the book was mainly Baltimore, but there was an extended period in France. It's set back in the 1840-1850 as if it took place literally days after Poe passed. It was a bit dry in places. I find it somewhat hard to believe this was the same author at The Dante Club *highly recommend reading if you like mystery*

Next up is Black Moon Rising by Damien Ashton. If you like werewolf books, this is a must read! Terrifying! One of the best modern day horrors comparable to horror classics. The action in the book was intense and the descriptions are amazing.

The Poe Shadow - Matthew Pearl
Danse Macabre - Laurell K. Hamilton **up next
The Double Bind - Chris Bohjalian
Twilight - Stephanie Meyer
A Killer Stitch - Maggie Sefton
Mistreal's Kiss - Laurell K. Hamilton
Rain Village - Carolyon Turgeon **almost finished
Black Moon Rising - Damien Ashton
The Demon Awakes - R.A. Salvatore
Disobedience - Naomi Alderman
Ophelia - Lisa Klein
Voodoo Season - Jewell Parker Rhodes
Wild Women's Weekend - Lynne Kaufman
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee **newly added and almost finished!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 21, 2007 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I've had a copy of The Dante Club on the shelf for a while and wasn't able to get into it. Maybe I should give it another chance?

 
At June 21, 2007 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Becky said...

I love Twilight by Stephenie Meyer!!

 
At June 23, 2007 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Pheelya said...

Kelly - You should definately pick it up again :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home