Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Reconstructing The List

I don't know if this is allowed but I have found that I seriously have no desire to read:

1984 - George Orwell
Mansfield Park - Jane Austen

At least not right now. So I am going to reconstruct my list with books that I know I am interested in reading and intend to start right away.

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix - J.K. Rowling (Book On Disc-Currently Listening)
Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling
Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austin (Just Started Reading - Got the Book on Disc for work)
The Harlequin - Laurell K. Hamilton (Have to Purchase)
Nightseer - Laurell K. Hamilton (Been sitting on the Shelf For Years)
The Inferno - Dante Alighieri (Always wanted to read and purchased at a Book Sale)

So hopefully now I will not continue to be a pittiful slacker.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At June 24, 2007 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Pheelya said...

The new HP will be out in 26 days!!

What is Nightseer?? I don't think I've come across that Hamilton book. Is that another new series of hers??

 
At June 24, 2007 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

So far it's based on a girl who is a dream prophet. More fantasy world and not set in modern day based story. I don't think it's a series. It seems her publishers really didn't care for her hardcore fantasy in the beginning. So I think she strayed at started on the Blake novels following this book. Oh by the way, if you like her writing. You should really read Strange Candy. It's all short stories but all of them are really exquisite!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home