Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Week 1

I've already finished two of the books I mentioned for the challenge, The Tiger in the Well and The Tin Princess, both by Philip Pullman. I also read Where Angels Fear to Tread by E. M. Forster for the fun of it. I'm going to start another SR challenge book Watership Down over the next couple of days. Since I've eliminated two books already and I just joined the Book Awards Challenge (begins in July), I am going to add The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy to be SRC list and add more from that challenge to this list as my readings continue. It's a good start to the month and the challenge, and I hope to keep it up for the rest of the summer. Cheers.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 6, 2007 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I loved the His Dark Materials trilogy by Pullman (The Golden Compass, etc). Please let us know what you think about his other books.

 
At June 6, 2007 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Athena said...

Kelly, I've reviewed every single one of the Sally Lockhart quartet books (save the first) on my blog. In general, I really liked them because I found them to be fun little Victorian thrillers. Pullman shows himself so capable of writing strong female protagonists.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home