Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Ted's Challenge

Well, the Summer Reading Challenge is drawing to a close. I set myself a list of 10 books:

Bleak House
The Symbolic Species
Memory, Brain, and Belief
Beyond Black
All the Names
The Unconsoled
Better
The Yiddish Policemen's Union
The Author of Himself
Elia Kazan

5 fiction, 3 non-fiction, 1 biography and 1 autobiography. But along the way I just couldn't keep my promise about The Symbolic Species or The Unconsoled which were replaced. Finally, I only had Memory, Brain and Belief remaining, but I have so much non-fiction reading I need to do for work that I just couldn't warm to it. So here's the way it turned out:

All The Names

Better

Beyond Black

Bleak House

Elia Kazan

Memory, Brain, and Belief

The Author of Himself

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Seven Lies

The Yiddish Policemen's Union


I could have replaced Memory, Brain and Belief with Veronica and The Ice Palace, which I read during the challenge time, but I'd done enough replacing. It was a productive summer nonetheless - 9 books, over 4,000 pages, and 19 posts.

And now - off to the Summer Poetry Challenge over at my place - if you like poetry, or just want to expose yourself to some because you're not too sure, pay us a visit.

Thanks for hosting, Amanda! And it was a pleasure to read in all your company.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home