Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Danielle's Introduction

Hello. I'm Danielle from A Work in Progress. I joined Amanda's Summer Reading Challenge last year as well. I read about half the books I set out to read. This year I am challenging myself to ten(ish) books, but I will be happy to finish six of them! Since I tend to get distracted easily midway through challenges, I thought I might try and be fairly generic in my reading plans:

1. One Virago from this list.
2. One Persephone from this list.
3. Armadale by Wilkie Collins from this list (I haven't forgotten about that list!)
4. A book by Colette.
5. One new fiction book published in the last year--see stack of books in photo.
6. A nice short book from this list!
7. A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O'Connor (for Southern Reading Challenge--I don't think I will get three read, but I will try and read one at least!)
8. In Lucia's Eyes by Arthur Japin or maybe Lady's Maid by Margaret Forster or maybe both!!
9. One seafaring tale (maybe another Horatio Hornblower adventure or a Patrick O'Brien book?)
10. Katherine Mansfield: A Secret Life by Claire Tomalin

Bonus: One miscellaneous classic book (from any number of lists I have made in the past).

As you can see I like making lists. The problem is always sticking to them!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 30, 2007 at 6:30 PM , Blogger 1morechapter said...

I'm going to have to check out those Persephones!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home