Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Friday, June 1, 2007

Stephanie's List and Hello!

Hi all!! Yes, it's me!! Another challenge!! Well, I figure I have a lot of book club reads this summer, as well as a stack of books that I need to review. Figured this is a good way to get through some of them! Here's the list of books that I have chosen to read for this challenge:

  • Marked: A House of Night Novel (Book 1) - P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
  • The Screaming Room - Thomas O'Callaghan
  • Death Dance: A Novel (Alexandra Cooper Mystery) - Linda Fairstein
  • Monster Island: A Zombie Novel - David Wellington
  • Death Match - Lincoln Child
  • The Coffee Trader - David Liss
  • The Years with Laura Diaz - Carlos Fuentes
  • Life of Pi - Yann Martel
  • The Fire Rose - Mercedes Lackey
  • Naked in Death - J. D. Robb

Yeah...I think that will keep me busy for awhile. Stop by and check out my blog and see me!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 1, 2007 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Casa Pearl said...

I'm a huge fan of the JD Robb series! I tried to get into The Coffe Trader but it just didn't hold me for some reason. I hope you like it.

 
At June 1, 2007 at 6:20 PM , Blogger soleil said...

Life of Pi is an awesome book. I can't wait to read what you think of it.

 
At June 1, 2007 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

I heard Monster Island was one of the best Zombie stories ever written. This is coming from a pretty harsh critic (Grim, my boyfriend). -=giggle=-

 
At June 2, 2007 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Casa - I have heard SO MANY things about JD Robb that I had to try it (of course, there are like 20 books in that series, so if I like I think I'm pretty screwed!)

Soleil - I've put off reading this for so long. It has never really held any appeal to me (and I really wish I knew why!) But again, so many people have told me what a great book it is, I figured I would just have to take the plunge!

Valerie - For summer reading, I seem to have a lot of DEATH books!! I love vampires and Zombies. Books and movies. I picked this up randomly at Borders the other day...and I just had to have it!! It's the first in a trilogy and sounds fantastic! I hope you boyfriend is right!

 
At June 2, 2007 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

I love Vampire/Zombie books. Any good ones you may come across please let me know! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home