Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Friday, June 1, 2007

Amanda's First Book for SRC



My first challenge book this summer is Joseph Andrews/ Shamela by Henry Fielding. I loved Tom Jones by Fielding (read it five times last semester... it is about 900 pages) so I plan on eventually reading all the novels he has written. I also want to read his plays and some biographies on Fielding. I think this book might take me through week one and two (about four hundred pages but I want to savor it)of SRC Round 2.

More to come on my reading of Joseph Andrews and Shamela.

SRC Round 2 Challenge:
1. Joseph Andrews/Shamlea by Fielding
2. Caleb Williams by Godwin
3. Swann's Way by Proust
4. Within a Budding Grove by Proust
5. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
6. And maybe a couple from my TBR list

Happy Reading-
Amanda

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 1, 2007 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Now that's an ambitious and weighty list!

 
At June 4, 2007 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Pattie said...

I never read "Shamela" but I did read "Pamela," the book it spoofs. I remember thinking it was lame (Pamela), because the heroine was so dang weak! It's often strange to read all those really early novels from our postmodern viewpoint.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home