Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Kelly's intro & list

I'm a newbie, too, as I just started my blog Misfit finds her place. I have (gulp) fourteen books on my list and my goal is to read at least half of them this summer. That would make 10 total since I'm also doing the Southern Reading Challenge. Seems feasible if they all are as good as I think they will be. I may, of course, add or delete a title or two pending future trips to the bookstore and friends’ recommendations. I have these in mind for now:

▪ The House on the Strand, Daphne du Maurier
▪ Burning Bright, Tracy Chevalier
▪ Love and Louis XIV: The Women in the Life of the Sun King, Antonia Fraser
▪The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
▪ Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
▪ Generation X:Tales for an Accelerated Culture, Douglas Coupland
▪ White Teeth, Zadie Smith
▪ Specimen Days, Michael Cunningham
▪ Mansfield Park, Jane Austen
▪ The Jane Austen Book Club, Karen Joy Fowler
▪ The Book of Lost Things, John Connolly
▪ The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
▪ The Boleyn Inheritance, Philippa Gregory
▪ Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Kelly, You have some fantastic books on your list - I can especially recommend The Book Thief and Pillars of the Earth!

 
At May 31, 2007 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Casa Pearl said...

I agree - you have several on your list that I want to read but that aren't on my challenge list! Maybe I will be able to fit them in too! Patti

 
At June 1, 2007 at 6:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also recommend Pillars of the Earth, it's fantastic! But I seem to be the only one that didn't enjoy The Book Thief. Sigh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home