Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Week 1

Well this week I finished "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I enjoyed "The Secret Life of Bees." I'll review it later on my own blog when I have more time.

I also read "Somebody Else's Children: The Courts, The Kids, and the Struggle to Save America's Troubled Families." This wasn't on my list, but I'm adding it now. This was a great first-hand account by two journalists of the California Juvenile Court system. They personalized the stories of these kids, and tried to present a balanced picture. I'll write a full review of it eventually.

SO now on to "The Plague Tales" I think, unless something else grabs my attention first.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 8, 2007 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Like you, I thought "The Secret Life of Bees" was a better book than "The Mermaid Chair."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home