Mary Ann's last week
I don't think I'll make it but I gave it the ol' college try. Unfortunately, and fortunately, I fell in with some new writers.
Originally I was hoping to read:
1) Love of Impermanent Things (finished half and had to return it for the next reserve reader)
2) Life of Pi / Yann Martel
3) Riders of the Purple Sage / Zane Gray (didn't look so interesting after all)
4) something by Beth Nugent (couldn't get my hands on a copy)
but what really happened is:
1) Now is the Hour / Tom Spanbauer
2) The Hours / Michael Cunningham
3) Breakfast at Tiffany's / Truman Capote (my interest piqued by a fellow SRC reader)
4) Collected Stories of Amy Hempel
5) The Year of Magical Thinking / Joan Didion
Spanbaurer and Hempel opened up a whole new world of reading and writing to me, an epiphany of sorts. I do want to add Life of Pi for August reading anyway.
Read on, Friends!