Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Challenge Intro

I'm Allie, a now-graduated high school senior. For the past 4 years, my summers have been haunted with reading lists. Not that I mind reading, it's just when you HAVE to do something it's less enjoyable.
This summer my challenge is to read some of the books I've acquired over the past 4 years. Except for one book I do not own yet... but it's due out in July!!
1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Kafka on the Shore
3. Everything Is Illuminated
4. One Hundred Years of Solitude
5. The Line of Beauty
6. Tender is the Night
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-- we get to graduate together!
8. The Shadow of the Wind
9. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell

With 3 months and 9 books, I think I can challenge myself to 3 a month.
Anyway, good luck to everyone with their challenges!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 25, 2007 at 3:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Allie!
The challenge runs for only two months, from what I've seen.

 
At May 26, 2007 at 6:45 PM , Blogger amandazen said...

Welcome Allie! Congrats on your recent graduation. Tender is the Night is a great selection and KTC is reading it this summer if you are not yet a member you might want to head over to see their discussion. You have a great selection of books to read. The challenge begins June 1st and ends August 1, so it is only two months this year. Good luck and happy reading!

Amanda

 
At May 30, 2007 at 6:27 PM , Blogger 1morechapter said...

I'm supposed to read Jonathan Strange before June 21 for The Once Upon a Time Challenge. Don't know if I'm going to make it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home