Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Laura's Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I've become hooked on challenges this year! Right now I'm participating in LiveJournal's 50BookChallenge, New York Times Notable Books Challenge, Reading Across Borders, and NonFiction5. Like the Summer Reading Challenge, Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge begins June 1, and there's a Classics Challenge starting in July ... in fact, blog buddy Wendy (aka Caribousmom) has started A Novel Challenge to keep track of all the challenges!

I'm going to use the Summer Reading Challenge for light, fun, fill-in reads, just perfect for those lazy hazy days of summer. And at the same time, I'll be making progress towards completing Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Anyone who hasn't read these, should! Stephanie is a hapless bounty hunter, and the mysteries she solves are loaded with hilariously funny characters and situations. I've read the first three books and would love to get through the next three for this challenge. So, without further ado ... let the challenge begin!

To Be Read (with links to LibraryThing)
1. Four to Score
2. High Five
3. Hot Six

The other books I'll be reading in June and July (mostly for other challenges) are:
  1. Long Walk to Freedom, by Nelson Mandela
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee (re-read)
  3. Alentejo Blue, by Monica Ali
  4. Vanity Fair, by William Makepeace Thackeray
  5. Lucky, by Alice Sebold
  6. Invisible Man, by Ralph Ellison
  7. Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen
  8. Gate of the Sun, by Elias Khoury

I'll update this with links to reviews on my blog as I go ...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 27, 2007 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

I have never read this series - and now I'm thinking maybe I should. Nice to see you over here, Laura :)

 
At May 28, 2007 at 2:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the first book in the series and loved it, there were parts where it was laugh out loud funny. I already have the second one in my TBR pile! :-)

 
At May 28, 2007 at 9:57 AM , Blogger alisonwonderland said...

I love Stephanie Plum! This series is just plain fun! Terrific summer reading!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home