Summer Reading Challenge

ROUND 2!

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Annemarie's Info

Hi, I'm Annemarie M. from Costa Rica. Every year, I try to read as many random books as possible. This summer, I'm going to start getting more organized with what I'm going to read.

I'm in seventh grade, going on eighth. I'm always happy, especially when I have book. On average, I can read a four hundred page book a day, so making a list of books I haven't read is going to be hard. My world record is reading all six Harry Potter books in six days total, so this year, my goal is five days.

Please suggest books. I can read anything from grade five up to first year of college.

Here's my list so far:
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The DaVinci Code (have to get parent permission first)
  • David Copperfield
  • Agatha Christie books
  • Books written by Lisa Yee
  • On Pointe
  • Yellow Star
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Les Miserables
  • Alice's Adventure in Wonderland
  • War and Peace (maybe?)
  • The Diary of Anne Frank
  • Amazing Grace
  • Bees Season
  • The Book Thief
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • A Child Called It
  • The Color Purple
  • The Dive from Clausen's Pier
  • The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things
  • The Geography of Girlhood
  • The Giver
  • My Sister's Keeper
  • So B. It
  • Stargirl
  • To Kill a Mocking Bird
Yay!!! So many books!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 27, 2007 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Hope said...

Hi, Annemarie. What a big list! After you get done with Pride & Prejudice, you might try Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot: Being the Correspondence of Two Young Ladies of Quality Regarding Various Magical Scandals in London and the Country. It's a YA book set in Regency England where magic is an everday thing. I enjoyed it a lot and I recommend it to everyone I know who likes both Harry Potter and Jane Austen. (It's surprising how many people that is!)

 
At May 27, 2007 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

Welcome to the challenge, AnneMarie - wow, you are really a prolific reader! You have picked some great books to read (I LOVED The Book Thief and of course, To Kill A Mockingbird is a wonderful, wonderful classic). I'll have to think about suggestions :)

 
At May 27, 2007 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really excited about reading all of these books, but somewhat nervous as well. Many of the classics are a little more adult, which will be a big challenge for me. I'm so used to reading fantasy and fiction, the transition to more classical stories will not be easy.

 
At May 30, 2007 at 6:20 PM , Blogger 1morechapter said...

I second Wendy in saying that The Book Thief and To Kill a Mockingbird are two of my all-time favorite books.

 
At June 2, 2007 at 6:27 PM , Blogger laxgoalie31 said...

You have picked out a lot of really great books! Pride and Prejudice is on my summer list as well. I really loved reading My Sister's Keeper, unfortunately I had to read it for my final paper in English, but it is a really good book. Happy Reading!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home